Pain Management- Medical Marijuana/Cannabis Authorizations

Mon-Sat: 9 AM-5 PM
11201 SE Kent-Kangley Rd #101 Kent, WA 98030

Database FAQ'S

Home / FAQ'S

What are the benefits of getting your cannabis card and be entered into Medical Marijuana Authorization Database?



No. To enter into the medical cannabis authorization database, you must take your authorization form to any licensed and medically endorsed retail cannabis store (PDF). A certified consultant will enter your information into the database and create your medical cannabis recognition card.

Schedule an appointment with our Dr to discuss your qualifying condition and if the Dr approves, she will sign off on your authorization. You then take your authorization to a medically endorsed cannabis shop that makes the cards, and they will create your medical cannabis card for you. 

New patient- $165 Renewals: $130

First, check in with our friendly staff at the front desk. Shortly after, you will meet with the doctor for the consultation. They will discuss your ailments and symptoms and determine if you qualify for medical cannabis authorization. Once approved, you will check out with the front desk and receive your signed authorization along with a folder containing more information such as the laws and regulations, and you are set to head to a medically endorsed cannabis shop to receive your card!

No. As a patient with an authorization form, you are legally allowed to grow four plants. However, you will not receive the benefits of being a patient with a recognition card. When purchasing products, you will be treated like any adult age 21 and older.

Once you receive your authorization you can head to the shop right away (we advise you call the medical cannabis shop prior to visiting just to ensure they are capable of making your card for you. After that, you can start shopping right away!

We value the risks our active and military veterans take to protect our country from harm. As a way to give back, we offer discounts for Veterans and active duty military members. We have a special place in our hearts for disabled patients and offer discounts as well.

Unfortunately no, not at this time

Many patients like to keep an extra one just in case they lose it, to have one in their car when traveling with the cannabis medicine to give one to their employer for legal reasons. It is always advised to keep one somewhere safe because it is $100.00 to replace if it is lost or stolen. 

Yes, our doctors are always Washington state licensed and certified to meet with you to provide medical advice and sign authorizations. They come with years of expert medical experience that help understand the patients’ needs and determine how to best help them.

If it is your first time getting a medical cannabis authorization, then your visit will need to be in person at the office. If you are calling for a renewal, then yes, it can be done via Telehealth.

No. Employers may establish drug-free work policies. Nothing in the law requires an accommodation for the medical use of cannabis if an employer has a drug-free workplace (see chapter 69.51A.060 RCW).

The tax savings for patients entered into the database and purchasing products from a medically endorsed cannabis store are state sales and use (see chapter 82.08.9998 RCW and chapter 82.12.9998 RCW). You may search for the specific percentage of these taxes in your area on the Department of Revenue’s website.

The medical cannabis authorization database is in no way connected to any other system and does not affect your right to purchase or carry a gun. However, cannabis possession is illegal for recreational and medical use under federal law. The federal law affects gun ownership. It Is unlawful for a firearms dealer to sell or give a gun to a person who uses or is addicted to a controlled substance that is illegal under federal law.

No. Information in the medical marijuana authorization database shall not be shared with the federal government or its agents unless the particular qualifying patient or designated provider is convicted in state court for violating the law (see chapter 69.51A.230 RCW).

No. There is no way for either federal or state social services agencies to search the medical marijuana authorization database to see if you are a patient. They may only find out if you reported to them that you are a patient in the database.

If you choose to no longer have your information accessible in the database, you may complete the Revocation Request form (Word) and mail it to the address at the top of the form. If you choose to revoke your authorization form, we recommend that you notify your healthcare practitioner that you no longer want to be a medical cannabis patient.


If you choose to have your designated provider removed from the database and no longer want them to buy or grow cannabis for you, you may complete the Revocation Request form (Word)  and mail it to the address at the top of the form. We recommend that you notify your healthcare practitioner that you no longer have a designated provider and notify the designated provider that he or she has been removed from the database.

A qualifying patient entered into the medical marijuana authorization database is automatically authorized to grow six plants. A healthcare practitioner may authorize up to 15 plants. For the authorization of more than six plants to be valid, the healthcare practitioner must sign the form a second time.

No more than 15 plants may be grown in one household (see chapter 69.51A.260 RCW). You may, however, register as a cooperative with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (see chapter 69.51A.250 RCW). This allows you to have up to four patients (or their designated providers) and grow a maximum of 60 plants if each patient’s healthcare practitioner is authorized to grow 15 plants each.

No. Nothing in law diminishes the authority of correctional agencies and departments, including local governments or jails, to establish a procedure for determining when the use of cannabis would affect community safety or the adequate supervision of those on active supervision for a criminal conviction, nor does it create the right to any accommodation of any medical use of cannabis in any correctional facility or jail (see chapter 69.51A.005 RCW).

No. As a tenant, you have no legal right to grow or smoke cannabis even if you are medically authorized and have a recognition card. It is at the landlord’s discretion as to whether you receive that permission within the lease agreement. Under the federal Fair Housing Act, housing providers are ordinarily obligated to provide reasonable accommodations for tenants with disabilities to ensure full use and enjoyment of their homes. However, the federal Fair Housing Act reasonable accommodation provisions exclude from protection the current use of a “controlled substance” under federal law. Even though medical cannabis is legal under Washington law, it is not legal under federal law.

No. Qualifying patients ages 18 to 20 years who have a valid photo ID and authorization form may enter a medically endorsed store to be entered into the Medical Marijuana Authorization Database and get their recognition card without having a designated provider. After they get a card, they may enter and purchase at only medically endorsed stores.

Can't find your answer? Contact us now!

Contact us today to learn more